‘Together in Achievement’
The Aspire MAT was founded in February 2014 with two academies:
- East Bridgford St. Peters C of E Academy
- Archbishop Cranmer C of E Academy (Aslockton)
It expanded to five academies in 2017 to include:
- Gunthorpe C of E Primary School
- Kirkby Woodhouse Primary School
- Sir John Sherbrooke Junior School (Calverton)
The Aspire Multi-Academy Trust offers a distinctive model for primary schools wanting to be part of a progressive and innovative MAT with an exciting and expanding future. The main features on offer include:
- A MAT focussed on primary schools
- A partnership of equals, sharing a common vision and Christian ethos, and sharing the responsibility for driving the development of the MAT.
- A MAT that demands the best educational and overall learning experience for the children in its academies, which are held to account to achieve a ‘beyond expectation’ outcome.
- A leadership team led by an experienced Chief Executive Officer.
A CEO who is highly skilled in and provides :
- School improvement.
- Assessing educational and attainment standards.
- Staff, team and school leadership and development.
- Strategic planning.
A Finance & Business Manager who provides:
- Strategic finance and business planning support to the CEO and MAT Board.
- A value-for-money procurement programme for purchasing centralised services to all academies.
- Accountability for the financial resources of the MAT and its academies.
- An oversight of financial management and budget setting/control at academy level.
- Support and guidance for academy-based business and finance managers.
A highly experienced MAT Board whose members’ professional skills and knowledge cover all aspects of current education, business, employment and legal requirements of a successful and expanding MAT.
A vision for MAT expansion which provides a unique model and opportunity for progressive and ambitious schools wishing to become an academy.